Saturday, October 15, 2005

Time for an update

Well. It's been over a week. And what a stinkin' hectic week it has been. So, Friday, we had a game. This one was at Wayne, and we were pumped and ready to go. And guess what... We WONE!!! Our first game of the season, and we finally won. It took us five games, but we did it. And, our setter was getting on the nerves on one of the other team's guys. Our setter would stare at him when the ball was being served, and this kid was getting scared like crazy. And he broke down, and I swear, he was on the verge of crying. It was a most hilarious site. Well, after the game, Chris and Tara and Nelson took me out to dinner at Denny's to celebrate my birthday-such greats friends they are. Well, Chris got me some amazingly awesome gifts-The entire first and second season of Family Guy, and Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Nelson got me some Lottery tickets, but, I didn't win any money. That's okay, though, since I'm not really a gambler and all.

Then, the new week began. And, wow was it a long week. Monday, we had a tournament. And, we sucked as usual. We did win once, against Fairport. And I got to play against some friends that I met during the High Adventure, which was pretty cool. Then, the next three days brought three games. Three! Tuesday, North Rose. We won. Two games won, 10 lost. Sweet. Next, Pavilion. We did not do well against them at all. Then, we traveled to Sodus on Thursday. And this brought us our third win, and our first finished in four games this season. 3-11. And that's where we stand now. So, Tuesday-all of you that live in the area I do, come out and watch our game against Midlakes. It's our senior night game, and I, along with the 5 other seniors, will be congradulated for participating in Volleyball. Ask me the time, and I'll tell you later.

Then Friday night, I went to see The Fog with Chris. And Tom Welling was in it. He's so frickin' cool. He's the guy from Smallville, plays Clark Kent. And also made an appearance in Cheaper by the Dozen. But yeah, this movie was pretty great. I saw the original tonight, and the newer one is by far better. But, one downer is that it wasn't really that scary. I want something creepy. I haven't seen one since The Ring, and I'm still waiting for another creepy movie. Please, someone make one.

Today, early in the morning, I went out bowhunting. First time I have been bowhunting. And, since I had 11 hours of sleep in the past two days, along with getting off of a 7 day run of 4 games and a tournament, and getting worked into the ground at practice on Friday, I was dead tired. And I was dozing the entire morning. I dozed off, and suddenly heard something. And lo and behold, two doe were standing right in front of me. By the time I started to get my bow ready to shoot, they were gone. About an hour or two later (now, the dozing was becoming less frequent), a buck showed up. So, I got ready, and started to lift my bow. Then a second one came in from behind, and saw me, and warned the first buck, and they took off. Dadgumit. But, I saw four day today. And that's more than the last two years of hunting combined, which is roughly about 7 or so days of hunting. So, that boosted my confidence, and now I really know for a fact that there are deer out there. And, by golly, I'm going to get one this year. Hopefully one with a bow, cause I really love archery. And hopefully atleast one during the regular shotgun season.

And, so that's it. Have a great week. Enjoy it. And remember, Superman says: "Stay in school".

2 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 11:18 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

Good Job... great to hear that you finally WONE

 
At 10/19/2005 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i can't imagine you bow hunting!

Cambra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home