Darien Lake-Episode 3
If you're reading this first, you're reading the wrong way. Begin at the first post, and read it in order. It will be better that way. Thanks.
Well, my family packed up and got all of our stuff out to the car. And then, we went to eat some breakfast. After I finished with breakfast, Chris called my cell, and I left my family for the rest of the trip. They would be heading off at around 2, and I'd stay at the park with Chris and Tara and Liz-Tara's soon-t0-be step sister. So, we decided to ride the Superman, and it took a while to talk Liz into it, but we did it. And I finally got the picture perfect shot at the camera. It was amazing. And out of the four of us, I was the only one looking up. Haha. Shocker, huh? since I've been on it like 5 times thus far and knew where the camera was. And that question mark in the middle of the sentence is perfectly accurate. You can do that, if you didn't know. Also, it can be done with an exlamation point.
So, we did some mini golf, and Tara got all mad at me because she didn't want to play the way I was trying to-which is after everybody has gone their first putt, the closest person to the hole goes until they get it in, then the next person will do the same. But Tara wanted to go in order. So if I were to go first, and was the farthest away after everybody went, I would go again, and try to manuever my way through the other golf balls, with some collisions possible, and messing up the position of the other balls. But, oh well.
Then, we went and played some DDR, and I did a shooter game with Chris. After that we went on some other rides-Shipwreck Falls. Then, we went out to Chris's car, and we split from the girls, cause they wanted to go to the waterpark, and we wanted to ride rides. So we went on Viper and Mind Eraser, and UFO, and we did go-carts again. And it was fun. Then, we sat down for lunch, and Liz and Tara found us. And we sat and chatted for an hour. Then, it was time to head out to the best part of the whole trip. The Concert.
We tailgated for like half an hour. I played some hacky-sack with Chris, and another guy who wanted to join in. Then, we made our way to the gates, got in, and found some great seats, lawn seats, with a pretty good view. And, then the opening band got on and played-nothing special. Rilo Kiley was their name. Decent. But the best was about to come.
We then waited for an hour while the crew set up the stage for the band. And I haven't told you the band yet. Haha, you must suffer in suspense, atleast for a couple moments longer. But, it was a long wait, and I thought that the band wasn't going to come out, and just pack up and leave. And as soon as the girls went off to the bathroom, it began. Behind the stage, a screen lit up, and it was a clock, counting down. And the music started, and the clock was going down. And when it got to zero, they hit the climax of the song, and it was purely amazing. And that hour-long wait was so worth it. WOW!! My first concert ever, and it started off with a huge bang. And, there they were, standing in person on stage just a few hundred feet away from me. Coldplay. And that first song was "Square One". They then went on playing some great songs-Speed of Sound was one, which, by the way, was #1 on the Billboards for a time. Yeah, this band rocks.
They played a song for the Katrina victims. And they did a song for Johnny Cash- "Till Kingdom Come". And, they actually were in the park and rode on one of the roller coasters. Dang, I bet I saw them, and didn't even realize it. But, they sang "Amsterdam" in tribute for that. And they had these huge screens set up showing the band play, and they showed the ferris wheel all lit up, and it was just amazing. And then fireworks started at the laser light show, and Coldplay kept on singing.
They finished off, and we then left. But, I wish we didn't, cause they came back on for an Encore and played three more songs. But, the only good thing was that we didn't have to wait for like 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. We had about a 5 minute wait. Then, we made our journey home, and luckily, it was a safe one.
And, so there it is. My first concert ever, and I loved it. I'll never forget it. I also got a Coldplay t-shirt that I'll be wearing in 30 years, when my kids will ask who they were, and I'll say it was the first band I saw in concert. Or, they'll be so famous, my kids will be like, "Wow! You saw Coldplay!?" And it will be all great and stuff. And right now, I'm listening to the CD X&Y right now, and it's bringing back all of the memories of the concert, and I have that feeling you get when you do something that's amazing and one of the best things, and then you leave it behind, and you wish you could just join in again or go and do it again. Yeah, that's how I feel right now. I just really don't care about anything-I just want to go back and be in the concert forever. Cause it was totally amazing.
And, some extra little stuff I left out. There was a group of guys smoking the joint in front of us, and that crap stunk bad. And not to mention, we probably got a little stoned from the crap. Stupid idiots. I don't want to get stoned, and I had to do it without being able to anything about it. And there was this kid next to us who was drunk out of his mind, and he was screaming and hollering and running around like a maniac. Pretty funny stuff. And, I did my own hollering and screaming and whooping and such for the band, and afterwards, I could hear that my voice was starting to go away. But it didn't. It would have been cool though. Maybe at the next concert.

1 Comments:
hello chaps, i was investigating different blogs as you call them and ran across this one. i was at my friends and when i hit the next blog button it brought me here to you. i also went to that coldplay concert at darien lake and i agree that it was smashing good. well maybe someday i will have one of these journals and you can come and leave a comment there. Jeff from Rochester
Post a Comment
<< Home