Friday, September 09, 2005

Long delay...

Well, my internet wasn't working for a bit. And it took a while to realize what was causing the problem. We just got a new carpet put into our living room, and while the carpet guys were putting it in, they accidentally cut the phone cable. Great. So, my dad put that together, and a Frontier guy came, and found out that our firewall was not allowing the internet to work. So, we fixed everything so far, but are probably gonna get destroyed by viruses coming through our unprotected computer. But, maybe we can fix that soon.

Anyways. School started. IB is still pretty hard, especially with my schedule. I'm doing IB Economics, which, for 5 doing it, have a double period everyday. Now, there are two of us, including me, who have a single period everyday, and are learning the same stuff. So, we have to do our work outside of school, and meet with the teacher outside of class. And, then, I have an Extended Essay to write by January, and they want us to have it done by Thanksgiving. Then, there's the History Research Project, which is due by December or such. Then, there's the World Literature paper we're gonna start soon that's due by the end of the year. Then, there's the service hours that I still need to finish up before the end of the school year. And on top of all of that, volleyball and finishing my Eagle (which I have about 26 days to do). And luckily I am gonna finish up my Eagle Project tomorrow, and will only have 3 merit badges to work on. Whew. Then, there's the filling out of college applications and finding scholarships. And sometime, I have to take physics on the internet in my spare time. But, hopefully a little after Christmas, the very much pressure will be lifted considerably, and I may be able to stand up again.

So, today, our volleyball team had a game-McQuaid was the school of choice that we played against. Now, I must say one thing. It's an all guys school. And most are athletic. So, we got crushed. Demolished. Mostly quick and painless. HA! Painless! It hurt. We looked like crap. Well, not really. We didn't do too bad against a really good team. Some good kills, some good blocks, some good defense. And there were a few times where we were actually volleying the ball back and forth, and it got pretty intense. But, we always lost. I myself had some good kills that I got in. I just hammered that ball down their throats. One hit a guy and he shanked it way out. Then the next one, I accidentally hit it with the side of my hand and totally got a line shot, which to those watching, they probably thought I knew what I was doing, since there were like 3 blockers up and I got super lucky and hit it down the line, because if I hit it cross-court, it would have been right in their block. So, three games, three losses in the match. But hopefully we'll make a spring back, after we do our best against another strong team, Victor, and maybe win some games. Or a lot of games. And hopefully have a winning record. And maybe, just maybe break the top 10 in sectionals. Or atleast move to like 13th place, or 12th in the section-only 15 spots. And two years ago, we were 15th, last year 14th. So maybe this year we can make a jump, or just follow the pattern and be 13th.

But yeah. That's all I have for right now. And, I've got a lot to think about the next couple of months, so this won't be updated so frequently, like it ever was. But, maybe when I have some thread of a life left, I may be able to do more here. So, peace out. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home