Volleyball yet again
We had another game. This one was home against Victor. Our first home game, so we should show Victor, our rivals, how volleyball is played. But they came in, and showed us instead how volleyball is played. And boy, did we suck. Seems like a reoccuring theme, eh? Play against a team that makes us look like we play at the modified level, and we stand no chance. And, we did a lot worse, 'cause we didn't have our Varsity Coach there. I guess he decided that his job is more important than coaching us to a winning season. But hey, people gotta make choices.
So, first game, this guy has a killer jump serve. And most come to me. And I tried my very best, but these things were just getting ripped at me, and I had no time to move and get in position. So, what does coach do? And this would be the JV Coach. He takes me out of the game. And, let me tell you, that is one of the few times that I have ever sat on the bench playing Varsity. Last year, I did once, maybe, and that might have not ever happened. And the year before, barely. And so getting ripped out in our second match of the season seemed like a bad omen to me. And, do you know what the server does? He hits it into the net. Great. He had to do it after I left. So, I sit out the rest of that game, and half of the second. And I finally go back in.
The first two games were so ugly. We suck. And this really proved it. And it just looked like there could no way on earth be a worse team than us, but there are. I hope. Anyways, the third game, we messed up the rotation. Badly. And we had a chance to beat the second-string players who probably get to play as much as I sit on the bench. And they were about as good as our first stringers. And we got out of rotation and totally screwed up the game. And the entire match, I only played front row in the third game and for barely any time at all. And not a single set to me. What a horrible game for me. I can do so much better. I know I can. And in practice today, I think I proved it. We were doing a drill, where we had some people serve to the back row, and then pass it to the setter to get a hit. So, I was passing the serves to the setter, and I got about 95% of all the balls that came to me right to the setter. And I got about 20 of them at me. And yeah, I bet that in some way the percentage doesn't add up. Or maybe it does. I really don't care, but just that most of my passes were right on top of the setter.
And so tomorrow, another home game will be upon our team, and this one is against Wayne. And last year, we creamed them. So, this year, when we have about the same level of team, or even better, and they've got nothing good, we have a really super great chance of defeating them like Victor did to us. And then we may gain our first win of the season, and be on our way to possibly 3 or 4 more wins in a row, which would be totally awesome.
So, other than that, my life is in the biggest stress ball that I have ever been in. Probably twice as much as I have ever experienced. So much homework to do, have to take Physics online, finish my merit badges in the next 24 or some odd days (and this is the biggest stresser of my life, 'cause I really want to get my Eagle, and I barely have time, and I'm so dang close, I would break down and cry and my life would be in shambles if I don't get it). AHHH!!! SO MUCH AND I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA JUST FALL DEAD!!!!!!!! I cannot wait until all, or much of this stress subsides. I'm not gonna last much longer. I'm running on fumes right now, and will be probably until about the Holiday Season. And I really hope some relief will come, or I will break down, and have to go to like rehab or somethin' and then my life will really be crapped up. So, that is all. On my mind. Everybody else have a great life, and I may possibly actually see you when I'm not feeling like I'm getting pushed a thousand feet into the ground. And that is all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home