Friday, August 19, 2005

Mad Awesome Review Friday #6

Finally! The wait is over, and my Mad Awesome Review Friday is finally back. And, I'm thinking, as I write, to somewhat give it a new look, to liven up my reviewing, and to give you, the readers something for waiting for my reviewing as well as reading my blog. And that was a very long sentence. So, I just saw Red Eye, written and directed by Wes Craven. I enjoy Wes Craven's movies. The last one I saw was Cursed, which was decent-totally did not expect it to be about werewolves.

So, I thought that the theater website said the movie started at 1:30, and since Chris enjoys leaving his house at around 1:20, to try to make it to the theater by the time the movie starts, we were amazingly late, because the movie started at 1:10. But, that's alright. We just missed what can be seen in the previews. A lady meets this guy at an airport, delayed flight, they get a drink. And on the plane, they end up sitting next to each other. So, you'd be thinking a love story. But, then the music starts to get suspensful, and the lady starts to looked scared, and the goodness begins. So, we came in just as soon as the goodness began, and go to miss all the mumbly-jumbly.

So, I enjoyed it. The suspense did not pick up until the end of the movie. Yep, I was really into the movie the whole time, and jumped a couple of times. Rachel McAdams did a good job showing emotion, frightened, scared, stuff like that. And Cillian Murphy did an excellent job playing the villian. I just wanted to hate him, and wanted him to suffer. But he did seem a little soft, and that's probably to get Rachel to cooperate.

And the great stuff is the damage she inflicts upon Cillian. First, a pen jabbed right into his throat, like where his neck is. And that was pretty gross. Still, he comes after her, so he gets stuff thrown at him, a stilletto (butchered that word) heel in his thigh, damage to his head, gunshot, and a lot more. And man, did she kick the crap out of him.

So, Wes Craven does a good job with his movie again, and I really liked this movie, and I think you will too. And, it's not like his other movies with a lot of blood and gore and violence, except for the occasional beat down by a girl, which nobody can miss out on. So, I give this a Mad Awesome. Go out and see it on the big screen. It's a great movie, you'll like it.

And that is all I have for this review Friday. And, I couldn't think of anything new to add in. Maybe for the next movie I go to see. But, goodbye until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home