Another fun-filled Post
Yeah right. Nothing really to talk about. Except for the tournament of volleyball Saturday. And Chris's party. So, in the wee hours of the morning, like 7 a.m., I got ready for my big day of tournamentness. And at 8, I was on the bus with the team, and at 9, we were playing our first match. The first game of the match went pretty well. We only lost 25-22. And, later on, they would go on to the semi-finals, and lose to a very strong team there, just barely. And the next game was a little worse, like a 25-15 game.
So the next match didn't look too well. We ended up somewhere 25-11 in both games. Then the third game was a disaster. It was Central Square, who in my opinion is all that great. They just got a big tall guy. But anyways, we just got hammered by them. We were falling into a slump, and we were having a tough time trying to get out of it. But, and by the way-I set most of the day, I was up setting, front row, and the ball was tight, so I pushed it over unexpectedly. And their big tall middle player wasn't ready, and I popped him right in his face. But, in some bizarre freak accident, it bounced back to our side and nobody went for it. Their point. I got back at that middle though. A couple of plays later, there was another tight ball, and so instead of pushing it onto him, and he was ready this time, I pushed it off to his side, and nobody was there to grab it. Haha. I win. That point atleast.
Then, one of the most horrid matches. We were probably tired. Exhausted and wanting to go home 'cause we weren't winning anything, and there was nothing to look foward to. But, we played, and we lost. Majorly. 25-2 was the first game. And those two points were when the other team screwed up on the serve. And, about two people touched it on their team. The two guys who served. 'Cause we never got the ball back over the net. The next game of the match was a little better. We had like 10 points.
But, that was supposed to be it for us. We were gonna work one last game for two other teams, and leave. But, Liverpool, who was the worst in the other pool, wanted to play us, to prove that they weren't the worst at the tournament. They weren't that great. We played a good game, but came up short 25-22. Then, a brilliant plan came into play. The coach decides to give his coaching responsibilities to a guy on our team who wasn't eligible to play in the tournament. So, he's coaching, putting the players into their spots. He didn't make me setter-gave it to Jeff. Played second stringers-the one that we have. And, we got dominated. I was worrying about the other kid's position, and not worrying about what I had to do. But, I had to tell him, or he would have been all over the place, in the wrong spots, in others' way. We had a chance to win, but lost.
But, over the course of the day, I set some good balls, and there were some amazing hits by our team. And I myself got my hands on the ball for some kills. And we had a lot of blocking. It looks like our triple block is something fierce, a force to be reckoned with. And when we get better at it, it's gonna be hard for a hitter to get a ball past it. And then maybe we can start looking like a good team.
Chris's party. I went to it after the tournament. There weren't many there, a couple of friends. Then Cody had to leave, and Chris picked up some others. Then, the people started showing up. So, we did some LANage on Halo 2, and it was not the updated one, so I was sword flying all over the place. Pretty fun stuff. After that, we watched a movie-Black Sheep. Great movie. I love Chris Farley and David Spade. Funny, but not as good as Tommy Boy.
And that's that for this post. So, have a great week, since I'm gonna be gone most of it at Darien Lake and the Coldplay concert, and my Eagle project which is on Saturday. And, I hope this will actually happen, and I will most definately be on my way to obtaining my Eagle. Right now, there is about 39 more days that I have before I'm 18. I have 3 merit badges and my project. The project will hopefully be done by the end of the week. One merit badge is very close to being done. The other two, partially done, and I'll have about a month to do them. And if I fall up short of my Eagle because of one merit badge, that's gonna really stink for me. I will be very disappointed in myself. But, I'm out. Goodbye until next time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home