Monday, August 15, 2005

#3: High Adventure Trip

Monday 'twas the third day of this most excellent trip. And now that it's been about two weeks since I went, I'm starting to forget a lot of stuff. Kind of hard. But Monday morning, we got to sleep in pretty late, since we got back from the National Jamboree at like 2 in the morning.

We ate some breakfast, mozied around for a bit, and then, we headed off to some little waterpark. The place had a swimming pool and a volleyball court, as well as a couple of slides. Well, we got to enjoy the day, I did some jumps off of the board, went down the slide a whole lot, and also played a few games of volleyball. In one game, it was 4v4, the young guys vs. the old leaders. Well, the young team, which I was obviously on, had like 3 varsity v-ball players. And we lost. It was not a pretty site for us. But it was still fun.

And, afterwards, I got a burn. I didn't put on any suntan lotion. Don't know why. I probably wanted to get a tan, 'cause I was super white. But, later I would deeply regret ever making that decision. So, later that night, I do not remember what we did. We may have gone to see the Washington D.C. temple and go to the visitor's center, and watched a great movie called "the Testaments". I really enjoy it, and if any of you haven't seen it, tell me, and I'll see that you may possibly get to go see it. The temple was so huge. It's like looking at a painting-it almost didn't look real, but it was very real. And the best thing was when we got back on the thruway, if you looked back, you could see the temple towering over the trees, and it's great to know that everybody that drives on that road will be able to see such a huge temple.

And then, I think we may have gone to see some of the monuments in D.C. We stopped at the Jefferson memorial, and that was pretty cool, and then we also stopped at the Lincoln memorial. And I think that was the best memorial we saw on the trip (we saw more the next day). Now it's great to say that I was in the Lincoln memorial.

And so, that was day 3 on the High Adventure trip. And still many days to come. Tune in next time for the next installment. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home