Monday, August 08, 2005

#1: High Adventure Trip

This here is the first installment of the High Adventure trip that I went on this past week, the first week of August. And right now, I want to tell you that it was AMAZING!! I really loved it, and I thought that I wasn't. But it was very well put together, and I praise the leaders who really organized and put this trip together, and also for taking time out of their lives to make this trip happen.

So, it's Saturday and we all meet together, and get all packed up and ready to hit the road. I find out that my good friend Cameron Jacobson is not gonna be with me, but I thought that'd be all right, I would just have to meet new people. So, in the van I was in, we had Craig, who was our leader, and such a great guy. About 21, and joked and laughed along with the rest of us, and didn't really care about any rules and such. Then, there was Aaron, who I don't know if I liked him much-but he turned out to be a really cool guy. And then there was Mike-I roomed with him during the Youth Conference a while back, so I kind of knew him, and he too was a cool guy. And then, a guy I did not know at all, Cameron Nelson, and wow can he talk. I think he made up for my lack of conversing at the beginning of the trip, and then some. But he was an alright person as well.

We stopped about halfway through the trip at an Ice Cream place, and I got a huge cup of Ice Cream, and it took me a while to eat, but it was actually very pretty good. And, a little side note, even though I just got back from this trip like 3 days ago, the beginning of the trip seems like it happened so long ago-so very long ago-that's pretty weird how that is. But anyways, we got back on the road, and made our way for our campsite. And I have no idea what state it was in. I have been in so many states over the past week, I just never knew what state we were in. We crossed the Pennsylvania, we were in Virginia, Maryland, Deleware, D.C., and maybe a couple of others. I really don't know.

But, we made it to camp, and unpacked our stuff, set up tents, and then had dinner and played some card games. For the night, Cameron Nelson camped in his own tent with our gear in it, and Mike, Aaron, and I were in another tent. And that was that for the first day of the trip. Tune in hopefully soon to read more about this great trip.

2 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU DONT LIKE AARON???? what??? lol he's so awesome!! haha

Cambra

 
At 8/28/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Allyn said...

I wrote that wrong. I meant to say, I didn't think I was gonna like him much. But I did. He's really cool. And you'll never see this anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home