A very long Blogging Break
Last time I updated was quite a while ago. Like two weeks ago. Well, I've been pretty busy, and had some minor problems with the computer. But I'm back and posting once more. And hopefully I won't be leaving huge gaps of time between posting, 'cause nobody wants that. They want the thrills and entertainment of new material each and every day. So I will try to deliver on that. But, there is no trying, there is only do. So will not only try to post often, I will post often.
Well, back in time, during the time of regents week, I took the U.S. History regents and the Math B. And I found out a little later that the Math B was too hard of a test and it was regraded by the state or what-not. So, that's good, since I did have some trouble with the 6-point questions. I really just put down a bunch of crap, trying to scoop up 2 or 3 points, possibly even 4. And then on Saturday, it was the day of the Graduation Ceremony. And I have one, well actually two, words to explain it: long and boring. And on top of that, it was a scorcher, like 90+ degrees outside. But no, that didn't stop anybody from cutting back on their speeches, which, I might add, NO ONE WAS LISTENING!! And as soon as they finished with their most boring speech, cheers engulfed the place, happy that it finally ended. But, those giving speeches thought they delivered a Nobel prize-winning speech. Haha! NOPE.
Then there was Chris's graduation. It was fun. The food was good. I got to talk to some people there. We played Euchre, and totally got creamed every game. And then, around 1 a.m., we decided to watch National Treasure. So I got home at about 3 in the morning. Oh yeah! And then the next week came, which for me, I almost didn't see the end of it.
Tuesday came upon me. The day of my Eagle Scout Project. Finally, after almost 6 years in scouts, obtaining my Eagle was only a stone's throw away. I got the supplies-3 gallons of paint, paintbrushes, sandpaper, a jug of water. I was taking a couple kids over to help, and was picking another up later. The car ride was pretty quiet. The radio was barely on, and couldn't be heard when someone did talk. We came up to an intersection. I had a flashing red light, also known as a really expensive stop sign. The intersecting road had a flashing yellow, to be cautious of the intersection. And in that sentence, CAUTION would be the word to look at.
Well, here's my version of the story:
So, I see two cars, one coming from each diretion. As soon as they passed, I saw that it was clear to go, so I started to make my way through. And, halfway through, I see a car coming fast. And in that moment-probably about half a second, I thought to myself, "Wow, I did not see that car coming, and it really looks like it's going to hit us." It got closer and closer, and in the other half a second, I thought that it may just possibly miss us, and everything would be all right. Well, I heard the car hit us. But something was missing. Where were the screeching brakes, or a horn blaring? The next few instances were a blur, or totally blacked out from my memory. I opened my eyes, and after a while, I realized I was hanging upside down, looking through a broken windshield and the pavement. I really do not know how long I blacked out, if it was during the time of the SUV being pushed sideways and then flipped over, or if it was minutes before I came to, but I unbuckled my seatbelt, which is pretty hard when all of your weight is pushing into it. I don't know how I did it, but I gently let my body fall to the roof. Haha, that sounds pretty funny-thought I'd never say that. I crawl through the window, which luckily was broken. But, I don't remember if I did this next part or not. I really hope that I did, or I would be the person that I despise the most. I really hoped that while in the car after the accident, I asked if the other two were all right. I hope that I wasn't just afraid for myself and trying to get myself to safety. Well, I crawled out, and could hear them telling me to try to help them out. So, I try opening the door, and with a little scraping on the ground, I got it open, and they crawled out. Then, some people came up to us, and one said, "Your elbow is bleeding." Well, I felt my elbow being wet, and thought, "Oh crap, I'm losing a lot of blood, and cannot even feel it." But when I looked, it was paint. And looking at the other elbow, there was a little bit of blood. Nothing else. And through this whole thing, it felt like a dream. Not until we were all out and ok, and I looked at the SUV did I realize that it really happened. And wow, did I feel like I was in something that would just ruin my life. I thought my parents were going to be furious, and thought I wouldn't be able to do my Eagle project, and there's goes trying to get my Eagle. But, everything worked out very well. My parents didn't care about the car as much as about me being okay. And I truly love them for understaning. Well, that was a week ago, and felt like it really didn't happen, but was just some weird dream. Except when driving, I still get a little scared going through intersections, and my parents always reminding me that I'm still here and alive without any injury. And the two passengers were uninjured as well, just got a little paint on them.
The next day, my uncle came, and we went around visiting places and enjoying a good time with him. Monday, I worked at the lake selling hot dogs and soda and popcorn, then watched the fireworks. And that was the beginning of my summer. Hopefully, I can enjoy the rest of it. And, goodbye until next time!

4 Comments:
haha you watched national treasure? i was cleaning out my room and found the movie ticket stub for when we went and i thought hmm why hasnt allyn been at pageant? work prolly. but yea haha what a coinkidink
cambra
¿KOOT A FO LOOF?
fool of a took, eh? Super.
And yeah, I remember when we went back in the day a few months ago. And yeah, I was working.
Wow, today is the 22 of July which means that you haven't "BLOG'D" for like 18 days which translates to 2.5 weeks. And that's pretty horrible like, and I would be Absolutely disgraced if I were you, and whoever Called you a fool of a took was absolutely right, without a doubt. And it sounds like getting your teeth yanked out of your face was painful, but at least they drug drug drugged you you up :). That is All
Post a Comment
<< Home