Friday, June 17, 2005

Super Mad Awesome Review Friday #5

Haha. I'm actually posting a review on Friday! Can you believe it? Maybe cause I saw the movie last night, Thursday, and I don't have school today 'cause it's over!!! So, the movie to be reviewed is, Batman Begins. If you have been following this year's box office numbers, they aren't looking good. The box office this year has been at its lowest in like the past 20 years. Not even Episode III could get it up to par. It probably gave the box office a huge hand, but a lot of the rest of the movies haven't been all that great. But, Batman has the chance to turn things around. If Batman gets amazing sells this weekend, the box office will be saved from going into the record books, for being the worst year ever. Batman must save the day!

So, Chris, Cameron, and me hit it up at the theater last night, and we were fashionably late. About 10 or 15 minutes late. So we missed the first tiddly-bit of the movie, but wasn't all that much, nothing hard to figure out as the movie progressed. And wow, was this movie great. Very well done, acting great, action great, imagery great, storyline great. I love prequels, that tie in everything to the later movies. You get to see where everything came from, like Batman's suit, and why he actually picked a bat for his symbol. Greatly ties in stuff, and you say to yourself, "Self, that's how it's done. Now I understand." And the music-great, intense, extraordinary. And I hit the nail on the head with the composer. Hans Zimmer. I leaned over to Cameron and said, "This music is great, it's gotta be Hans Zimmer." And it was. My favorite modern day composer. Probably because he does music for about every great movie. Last Samurai, The Ring 1/2, Batman Begins, Gladiator and tons and tons of others. Greatness. So, this movie I give Batman Begins a Super Mad Awesome rating. Go now and see it to save the worst movie year ever! Don't let it come to that.

So, enjoy your summer this year, and be safe and have a great day today off of school. So, goodbye until next time!

1 Comments:

At 6/21/2005 6:03 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

yes, it was truuuuly amazing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home