Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What a Super Mad Awesome Memorial Day weekend!

It was greatness...Memorial Day weekend. It began on Friday...a day off from school. Super cool stuff. I did laundry in the morning, then it was time for Priest/Laurel conference...which is 16-18 year old kids from my church all around this region in New York...so there was like 400 kids there...it was huge. Cameron and me went in one car, with Jared Simpson and Chris Bjorling...leaders from my church. And the girls went in another car...there were like 8 of them. So we drive up to Brockport, and we were in the dorms and on campus at SUNY Brockport. So, we register, and then go to our dorms, and then it was time for dance #1. Cameron and I got ditched by our fellow friends, whom of which were all girls...and I'll try naming them all...Liz, Cambra, Stephanie, Shannon, Courtney, Savannah, and I think that's it, and if it's not, i'm truly sorry, I am drawing a blank from lack of sleep. So, Cameron and I stood around, and stood around some more, and were like, wow, this is super boring, why did we come. Then, we did some group things, and it was a little more fun. And then they set up this circle, and people would go into the middle and do a little dance. So some friends kind of push me into it, and I did part of the Napolean dance, and got some cheers, and it was very super. And we did the Casper Slide, which is a cool song, and when the dude's like "Charlie Brown", and nobody has a clue of what to do and they just stand there with dumbstruck faces, I get Cameron to set up a fake football, and I got to kick it, and just totally throw myself on the ground...and man did it hurt like the dickens, only to get worse later on. And then the dance was over, and Cameron and I watched some of Episode I on my illegally smuggled in portable DVD player.

So the next day, we had some breakfast and then went to some workshops, religious based, like the entire conference thingy. And they were really cool. I learned a lot. So We eat some lunch, and then do a service project...which took a total of about 20 minutes. Afterwards, we went out into this field and played some field volleyball...a huge ginormous ball and you hit it from one side of a line to another and try to get it to hit the ground. It was kind of fun...nobody played it right though. So then next was dinner...and this is really out of order, but oh well. So Jared Simpson comes over and sits with us, followed by our other leader, Chris Bjorling. And then we spot Shannon and tell her to come sit with us, and she does, and brings over Liz and Courtney.

So then the number 2 dance comes up. 3 1/2 hours of dancing...that's a lot. about 6 hours total for the 2 nights. Cameron and I told everybody we were pacing ourselves Friday night, so we could light up the floor on Saturday night when everybody else was dead tired. We make a deal that we are going to actually dance, and every slow song, go and ask a girl. We had an awesome plan set up-find two girls together, one of us goes in for one of them, and the second comes in scooping up points after the girl thought she would be left alone watching her friend dance. And it worked pretty well, for me atleast. Cameron seemed to lose his choice quite often and had to look for somebody else. But, wow, I danced with some pretty good looking girls, and wasn't denied-what a great self-esteem booster. And it was cool that most of the girls that danced with me knew who I was, cause before dinner we had this thing where people go up and talk about their weekend and how it was great and religious and stuff...it's called a testimony meeting. Well, I was the last after I forced myself on stage after they cut off people from coming up. And I said that those that knew me, they know I'm super shy, and those that don't, well, cause i'm super shy. So at the dance, just about every girl knew who I was. And my leaders set me up with a girl who was hard to get a dance with cause she is quite the good looking girl, cute, outgoing, and such, and so, I spot her after she comes walking up to me, and I ask her to dance, and then I find out that it was set up, and she finds out they were my leaders that set it up, but she's like, "I'm doing this cause I want to", and she was super nice and super cool and super funny. She said it was her last dance cause she's going off to college, but after the dance, I got her screenname, which is cool.

And that was Priest/Laurel conference. On Monday, there was the parade, then I helped Chris move into his new house, and I worked with him and his family for like 11 hours, and went to bed at like midnight and got 5 hours of sleep, and for some reason, I had heartburn or something. It hurt bad, and I dread the day where I'll get it like after every meal, or more frequently. And so, I'm off to rehearsal for Carmina Burana Suite, AND ALL OF YOU MUST COME TO THE CONCERT....THURSDAY 7:30 CANANDAIGUA ACADEMY. Call if you need more info/directions to the school. And so, goodbye until next time!!

1 Comments:

At 6/21/2005 5:16 PM, Blogger Cameron said...

TRU DAT W00T 1337

 

Post a Comment

<< Home