The VA Beach Trip Part 4
Yeah, this picture is from Friday morning, but since we were stuck inside all day long, and I didn't bring my camera, I'll post this cool picture. And this site I'm using-flickr.com-I can't figure how to post more than one picture on at a time, but that's alright.
Saturday morning, we got up at 5:30 to get ready to eat breakfast and leave at 7:00 to go to the concerts. At breakfast, they have these mad awesome potatoes that are so amazingly good-I had so many. But, we first went to a church and watched the various choruses sing. The women's choir sang "ain't I a woman", or something similar to that, and this judge came up, a lady, and when supposed to be critiquing them, she talked about feminism and being a woman the entire time for 15 long minutes. And she was stompin' her feet and gettin' into the song, which wasn't even one of the songs that was to be judged, just a warm-up.
Then orchestra members had to leave early so we could get to our concert at some school. So we get there, have a quick lunch, and get on stage. And man, did we play like crap. But I did nail this part on one of the songs, and I was proud of that, but I totally screwed up on the rest of the songs. Then, for the next five hours, we sat in that auditorium listening to each group, symphonic bands, wind ensembles, jazz ensembles, and finally it was over and we got to leave. And our whole group had to go cause we were trying to get an award for the school with the best attitude and appearance and such, and this day was massively boring.
And the worst part-it was a beautiful day outside. Finally, we got back to the hotel, and a bunch of my friends and me got into our swimming stuff and ran out to the beach at like 8 at night-the wind is blowing and the sand is cold-and we jumped into the ocean-and instantly my entire body went numb. And I ran back to the hotel faster than I have ever run before. We got in the swimming pool inside the hotel, and it was so warm, and it felt so good, then we went to our room.
They got a lot of pizza from dominoes, like a 100 sheets, and so Mark, Linda, and I went down to grab some, and there was nobody there, and only like two sheets left, so Linda grabs one, and she's like "grab the other one", so I grab that, and we start to run out, and I see a six pack of pepsi in the pepsi container, and I grab it out and give it to Mark, and we make a mad dash to the elevator before we got caught, and we brought it up to our room, and had a great party. A bunch of people in our room again, and we watched Office Space-which is a pretty funny movie.
And that was Saturday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home