Friday, April 01, 2005

Allyn's First Review Friday

April Fool's Day to everbody! Hope you enjoyed it and were not the fool, but the fooler. I saw a great prank today, involving a peanut-butter and mayo sandwich and milk flavored with lemon juice and salt. A guy ate half the sandwich, and was offered the milk to wash down the nasty taste, and when he realized what it was, threw it at all of us laughing at him. Luckily, I got away with just a small splash of it, but the guy next to me got the majority of it. But it was hilarious!

I just thought of something funny, for all of you who make fun of me and the way I say theater. So, I say thee-ate-er, when most of you folks say thee-ut-er. So, what's worse, saying "The Aters", or saying "The Udders"? Haha, gotcha! But seriosly, a "thee-ut-er" is where you go to see a play or an opera, whereas, the way I say it, or in other words the right way if you're talking about the movies, "thee-ate-er", that's where you go to see movies.

So, I'm going to, every Friday, have my very own review of a movie that I have recently seen, whether it be in theaters or on tape. So, my very first review: The Ring 2. Overall, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, and I am an avid fan of the first. I even did a speech in English on The Ring, so I have watched it over and over, and almost know it inside out. But, the funny thing is, after seeing the second one, my whole speech was totally wrong, all my theories garbage. But, hey, I still got a 90 on it. Well, back to the review. Compared to the first, this one wasn't as scary, but still had its moments. The storyline was good, not great, but was still enough to keep you interested. The characters were amazing in this movie, and the little kid really starts to freak you out, although he has been taken over by Samara. I should explain the plot a little, so none of you are totally lost. The family, whose name has totally slipped my mind, move to another town, but are still found by Samara, who takes over the kid's body. The mother tries all that she can to get her boy back, and the only time they are safe from Samara is when they are sleeping. Kind of reverse of Nightmare On Elm Street.

Well, here's my score: I give this a movie a 8.8 out of 10. While it was a great movie, there were points when it didn't really feel original. But a great movie otherwise and I thouroughly enjoyed it. And do you know what? I hate this kind of scale, so forget about that 8.8. My new scale is:
*****-mad awesome, spend the money to see it, and then see it again, and buy it on video
****-great, spend money to see it, maybe buy it when price goes down
***-decent, not worth the money to see in movies, rent it
**-poor, if you can see it for free, take the oppertunity. otherwise, don't see it
*-crap, do not ever waste your time with this garbage of a movie

So, I give this movie, Ring 2, a ****. Go see it. Well worth the money.

Well, that's all i've got for today. So enjoy the rest of it, and the weekend, cause i don't know if I'll have the time to get on. And goodbye until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home