Sunday, April 16, 2006

t3h Recent Happenings in my Life

Well, two weeks since my last post. That's because I HAVE NO LIFE!! It's only two weeks until I have no life for 3 weeks. I will be eating, sleeping, breathing, living IB testing. My life will be pure garbage, but once they're done...I will be done with school, for the most part. Movies in half my classes, simple homework in the other classes. No worries. I'm even thinking about skipping every once in a while, like every Friday.

Well, anyways, these last few days, I have been at youth conference with my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was mad sweet. Thursday, we got there in t3h evening, and we had a dance, and it was pretty cool. That night, I watched Fun With Dick and Jane. It was a pretty funny movie. So, Friday, service project in the morning at various nursing homes. I helped do a little bit of landscaping, and it was sweet fun. We then had a little devotional thingy, where we went around to various rooms at the Palmyra Stake Center. Each room dealt with a different point in Jesus Christ's life, and it was really cool. So, Saturday, we had an Amazing Race, and I was chosen as the leader of my group, and there were six groups in all. We named ourselves "Waffa", or however it's spelled, which, I think means "beautiful people". But anyways, half my group did not want to "race", and walked and enjoyed the swings and stuff. Well, we went out of order, after I burned the envelope with the order on it (which shows my leadership skills), and so we were DQ'd. But, we did beat the team we faced off in dodgeball, and we would have beat any team, cause our team was amazing.

So, after that, we had a testimony meeting, where people go up and say their thoughts and what they believe about the church and the gospel and Jesus Christ, and stuff. Then, we had another dance, and it was mad sweet. We rocked that house, Cameron and me. But, we never did find those girls who rode in the van with us up to the Palmyra Stake Center on Friday. We never got their names, and we didn't really remember what they look like. We only knew that they would respond to the singing of Sesame Street songs, cause that's what we sang on the way there.

And, that's all I'll put down about that joyous adventure. And that wraps up youth conferences for me, and I'm sad that I am not going to be a part of that most amazing conference.

1 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allyn, you are so right, youth conference was freaking amazing! Props for posting on it(to steal ur phrase).
~Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home