Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm back!

So, I got on the net today...and I decided to finally try to resurrect my blog from t3h grave. Maybe people will read this. Maybe people won't. Maybe I should not tell anybody about me restarting here, and see how long it takes for someone to realize that I am doing so. Or maybe not. But anyways. Yesterday was April 1st, as you all know, and that means April Fool's Day. As an avid gamer, I know what to expect from the various gaming sites that I visit almost daily. I know this is the time of the year that these gaming nerds will put out false content, maybe new releases, or fake cheat codes. Maybe a new ESRB rating. Well, there's some great ones I saw this year, and I am here to share them with all of you guys. So first, gamespot came up with a few good ones. First, there was the new ESRB rating, pictured here:

So, I'm sure you guys can read what that says, so I won't write it. But, this rating is given to games that are just pure garbage. Like "20 to life", and other crappy games. Next, a little article on the Nintendo Revolution. Analysts predict that this system will be the top seller by 2010. Ha. If any of you are gamers, you know that this is the falsest information. Nintendo hans't been the top seller since like the SNES. And with monsters like Sony's PS3 and the Microsoft's t3h Box that Rox, there's no way Nintendo can compete at their level.

And, finally, I feel this is a large April Fool's joke. I tell you a little secret-I even believed it. The announcement of World of Starcraft, supposedly the new MMORPG that Blizzard is releasing by the end of this year. It's the #1 game on gamespot at the moment, but when you click on the link, it takes you to the PC page on gamespot. Complete fake. But, I was inclined to search more about this supposed new game. I went to the Blizzard website, and there was not one word mentioned about a "World of Starcraft". Pity. Sounded like a fun game, even though I was not one of the 6 million+ gamers who got involved with World of Warcraft, which I might add, is larger than the population of Ireland.

As for me, I was never pranked this year by anyone I know, I think. I never pranked anybody, just because I didn't want to think of something hilarious to do. But, I gotta say, last year's April Fool's did get me. bungie.net announced for Halo 2 that if you did various things in multiplayer gaming, the commentator with the big booming voice would say things. I tried it for about 3 hours that night until I realized that it was April 1st, and I did feel like a fool. But, one of the greatest jokes in gaming was the release of a cheat code for DOA Beach Volleyball. If you don't know what this game is, it is a bunch of girls with bikinis on and large...well, you get the picture. But these cheat codes were to remove the bikinis. That one got a lot of people. It never worked. I never had the game, and I never tried these cheats.

So, that will wrap up my comeback blogpost. Hope this time I can get more readers. Maybe if I post this everywhere I am on the internet, people will read. And leave comments. I enjoy them. It gives me something to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home