Saturday, April 16, 2005

The VA Beach Trip Part 7


Apollo's Chariot
Originally uploaded by geenomepops.
This is the last VA Beach trip post, and this one's about the time we spent at Busch Gardens. The first ride-Alpengeist. For those of you here in upstate, it is similar to Mind Eraser, but this ride is a thousand times better. You just cannot beat it. It's higher, and the loops and such are better, and you don't get a headache from hitting your head on the padding.

Then Apollo's Chariot, an awesome ride. It's similar to the Superman, about 10 feet higher, but not as good as the Superman. One reason-there's a small tiny hill right at the top, so all of your fears heading up the hill just go away after this first one. But, this is still an awesome roller coaster.

Next, Lochness. I went on this one with Cameron, and we met this cool dude in line. He first saw Cameron's shirt, which said "chick magnet" on it-and when one looks at Cameron, he looks far from a chick magnet. So this guy's joking about it, asking if I was Cameron's chick. Haha, very funny. NOT! But anyways, a girl from our school behind us in line sees Cameron, and she's a pretty good looking girl. She screams out his name and says something about her day, then this girl in front of us, also not bad looking screams Cameron's name, and jumps up and down all excited. And this guy just looks at Cameron, and he's like, "whoa, you really are a chick magnet". It couldn't have gone any better than that. So I find out that he lives in Texas, in the Fort Worth area, exactly where I lived around 1995, and I was telling him that was pretty cool. And he tells us he's in college, and he would go to these frat parties, uninvited, and would just walk in, and ask for a girl named Sarah, but he doesn't really know a Sarah. And the people there are like, "yeah, Sarah's over there", and this guy then asks where the beer is, and gets his fill. Mad funny.

Well, there was another roller coaster, the Big Bad Wolf, that we didnt' go on-and this is a wussy coaster, no thrills at all. We went on this water ride called Pompeii, and when we came down the hill, the wave comes up, and Cameron and I duck, soaking everybody behind us, and we had a couple of drops on us. Then, we went on this rapids ride in the circle raft, and wow, did we get soaked. I wasn't wet at all until the end, and so I stuck my body out and totally got soaked by the water fall, and man was it cold. Holy crap. I was wet the rest of the day, and even on the way home, my clothes were still a little damp.

Then, the last ride of the day-Apollo's Chariot. This is when I got my picture perfect shot at the end that I've been trying to go for all day, but have been seconds late. Like the first time we went on this coaster, my fingers were in position, but I couldn't get my arms in the right spot. But you got Mark in front of me with thumbs up and this innocent, smiling face, and then right behind, there's me, and I'm just going crazy, and my hair's all back and my face is mad funny, and I'll tell you no more, cause it is kind of bad. But it does look a heck of a lot like that farmer coach that you can't understand from The Waterboy, it's the part where the Waterboy throws the football for the game winning touchdown-this farmer coach makes the gesture, and I did just that.

This picture, if you click on it and see the bigger picture, it's a little fuzzy. Well that's because we were walking along in a group, and I whip out my camera, and stop for a second to take a shot, and Cameron just totally gets my elbow into his face just when I take the picture.

We ate some Italian food and watched some show with people singing and dancing, then we started to make our way out, and I bought a Busch Gardens hat, and we were on our way back home. We started watching Signs on my DVD player, and this time I got to sit closer to my friends, and next to this girl who I don't know, but then they put on Newsies, and totally destroyed our movie. So, I slept, and tried to sleep and tried to sleep some more, but it was impossible. And throughout this whole four day trip, I got maybe about 10 hours of good sleep, and man was I tired on Monday, and Tuesday.

And I totally skipped school on Monday, stayed home, watched a movie, What Dreams May Come, and slept until 2, and I was going to go in for History, but I slept right through it. And what I hated most was that feeling of lonliness you get after spending a trip with good friends and meeting new people. It's like we all become family, and when you leave them, you just feel lonely, and you want to be around them more.

And I met some cool people on this trip, and made some closer friends. And it was totally awesome. All you CA Musicians are mad awesome, and thanks for one of the greatest times of my life!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home