Saturday, April 16, 2005

Mad Awesome Review Friday #2

Yeah, I know that it's Saturday, but after I saw this movie, it was 11:30 at night, and I didn't feel like writing up a review. And this Friday, the movie i'll be reviewing is Sin City. I really enjoyed this movie, and a lot of my friends did as well. But most of them were guys, so this would probably be a movie for dudes-they would get the most thrill out of it.

But yeah, instead of being just one storyline, there are actually three, and a minor fourth. I won't say much, but one's about a guy getting revenge for his lover, a cop trying to keep a girl safe, and another guy who tries to keep the prostitues safe and stay independent-no pimps and such. and the minor one is an assassin. Most of the movie is in black and white, and works well with the shadows, and the bright whites. There is color every once in a while, a lot on the women, and there's an orange guy, and also blood. And all of this color, just bits and pieces in a mostly black and white world, looks really really cool. The violence, like cutting off arms and such was a little out of the ordinary, like blood just spurting everywhere, and a lot of times, when somebody gets shot, they keep on going. They'll get shot like 20 times, and still be alive and kickin'. There were some funny parts as well, and some parts that were kind of disgusting, but overall, I really enjoyed it. And the acting couldn't be better. So many big names, like Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, and Elijah Wood, and Michael Clark Duncan along with co-directing by Quentin Tarantino, who did Kill Bill.

Overall, I will give this movie a ****1/2. It was a really well done movie, but there were parts that they really could have taken out. But, hey, that's America for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home