Sunday, May 01, 2005

Mad Awesome Review Friday #3

Welcome back to the third installment of my weekly review. And I know that it is Sunday, and not Friday, and I saw the movie I'll be reviewing last night, Saturday, but I got to stick with my format. And if you haven't noticed already, all you www.bungie.net user people, I have taken some of their ideas and put them into my blog, such as the Friday thingy (they do a weekly update), and the humpday challenge (but they challenge other teams in Halo 2, whereas I just give out challenges, but it seems that nobody ever posts a response to my challenges, or any post I make, and you guys should).

So, here's my review of the movie, based on the book, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or the condensed version of saying it, H2G2. Get it? HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Yeah, some people didn't. It actually is a website that BBC made which is "guide". It's supposed to have a bunch of stuff on just about everything. But, right before going with Chris, and Tara, and Cameron to see this movie, my dad, who saw it earlier on Saturday, said, and I quote, "it was the stupidest movie I have ever seen". Now, I have read the book, and I thought that it was most excellent, and I just had this feeling that the movie was going to be quite similar, so I couldn't see how my dad could hate it so much.
We get to the theater, and I see a sign on the door for presale tickets to Star Wars Episode III, and I told Chris, "we gotta get those and see the first showing of it at midnight on the 18th". So, Chris gets one, and I get one after him, and we find out that we were the first two people to buy the presale tickets. Haha! We are so mad awesome. We'll go down in Canandaigua history for being the first two to get tickets to Star Wars. And, the best thing happened a little later. There was a frickin' awesome trailer for Episode III, and, wow, it blew me away. I cannot wait for 17 more days, ahh...it's gonna drag on so slow.
So, on to the review. I give this movie a great *****. It was awesome, funny, and cool. Just like the book, and I loved it. The acting was great, and they were so funny. It was great to see Arthur walk around the entire movie with his bathrobe on. And Marvin was the best! He's so awesome. Great storyline, just like the book, and the computer graphics and such...top of the line. Go out and see this movie, and then read the book, and if you still have money, go see it again. Then buy it when it comes out on DVD. One guy sitting next to us in the theater, had a very funny point. When their little pod ship (the red one) hits the ground, he's all like, "why are rocks on fire?" Haha...a great point...how do rocks catch on fire from a ship hitting the ground? And after the movie, the credits did not make much sense to me. It starts off saying Cast, like usual, and underneath, it says (in alphabetical order), and so the very first name was the voice of the whale, who was in the movie for about 30 seconds. And when you looked at the names, the are totally not in alphabetical order.

And that is that for this week's Mad Awesome Review Friday. I hope you go out and see this great movie, and if you already have, I hoped you throughoughly enjoyed it. So, Goodbye until next time!

2 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

allyn, u just said that some ppl didnt get H2G2 b/c i didnt understand how u got the second H b/c hitchiker is one word. but w/e. lol


~liz

 
At 5/03/2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Allyn said...

haha...zing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home