Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday...paintball and great news

I got up this morning, and got ready to play some extreme cool paintball with my friends in the woods behind my house. There were seven of us total-Chris, Joe, Mark, Mike, Anthony, Nelson, and me. We got everything ready, and headed out. And here are games below:


First Match: Deathmatch
Team One-Joe, Mike, Me
Team Two-Chris, Anthony, Mark, Nelson

We find a more open spot in the woods, and split off into teams, and begin. First, we had the other team coming in on us, so Mike and Me split off from Joe, and this is where Mike got a hit off of Anthony, right in the butt when he was hiding behind a tree. Then Mike gets shot and is out. Joe runs past me, trying to flank, and so do Chris and Nelson from our side. So I get on the ground and wait for them to come in on my position, and Chris starts to move. Then he frickin' breaks his gun and turns back. Time out: Chris gets another gun, time in. Joe moves in near me, and the other team starts to come to our other side. So Joe runs past them and comes in from behind, trying to push them onto my position. I was going to go in for the many kills, but see Mark looking into the woods near my direction, so I wait. Then Joe runs out of paint-out of the game. It's only me and three on the other team. They're talking about cutting into the woods, right on top of me. But Mark, him and his amazing skills tells them to go farther back and then cut in. Dang, another chance missed. So they pass me on the other side, and I start to move with them, trying to get closer and get a better shot. But Mark sees me cause of my stupid hat. They pin me, I'm on the ground behind some trees. I shoot at Nelson, but none hit, and then I feel something hit my boot, look down and see that I got hit. Dang, so close so many times.

Second Game: CTF
Team One-Chris, Mike, Me
Team Two-Joe, Anthony, Nelson
Referee-Mark

This one we did in an open field, with the flag on top of a dirt mound. First, we had the higher ground, and the other team had better cover. We run and move for the flag, and get opened on, so we hide behind telephone poles. Chris gets out, and the other team grabs the flag. So I just run and storm in, trying to get the guy with the flag. And wow, did I get shot up-the leg, the gun, and the mask. Mike gets hit, our team is out.
We switch sides, and my team just sprints for the flag. I move out into the field more to try to get a flanking shot, but get shot at by all three on the other team, so I hide behind a telephone pole. But when I was running for it, I got Anthony right in the mask, on the side of the nose. Only kill I got the entire day. Bummer. But I run back and get behind a hill, and I hear a bunch of paintballs whizzing over my head. Then I feel a shot hit me in the back of the shoulder. So I yell that I'm out, and get up, still yelling it with my hands up. And Nelson points his gun at me and starts shooting, hitting my in the hand. Grrrr...I was out and he frickin shot me again. So I walk to where Mark and Anthony are, and look to see where I got hit on the arm, and there was nothing there. So I really wasn't out, but I got hit in the hand anyways. This is when we got busted. The cops came in, and we all immediately put our guns down and quit firing. We were really super nice to him, so we didn't get in trouble, and he just told us that we were on city property and let us of with a warning...whew.

Third Game: The Cookout
Team One: Mark, Joe, Anthony, Nelson, Chris, Mike, Me
Team Two: hot dogs and burgers

We whip out the grill and get it started, and start grilling up some dogs and burgers. Inside, we were getting hydrated, drinking some soda. I also got on and showed them some pretty funny commercials about the Ford Sportka. Cameron showed them to me yesterday, and they are hilarious. Go check them out, links are at the bottom of the page. Then, I showed them another car commercial, and there's a car driving along the road, and you can see some mist in the form of a person by the side of the car, and you can hear something too, but the sound's not great, so remember to turn up your speakers. It's kind of spooky, that misty thing following the car-check it out for yourself. Oh, let it load up fully first, or it will lag a little, and you'll miss it.
So, back to the cookout. Dogs and burgers are ready, and we dig in. I think you know who the winner of this match was. We then took a little break, to let the food settle in, and watched some Viva La Bam-hilarious show.

Fourth Game: Hostage
Team One: Anthony, Mike, Me
Team Two: Mark, Joe, Nelson
Hostage: Chris

We played this more in the woods, on an open strip where the telephone poles ran. We had Chris first as the hostage, and camped around, while the other team came in. They first saw Mike, and just feet where I was hidden. I had a great spot, an opening in front, and I had some straw all over my helmet to camouflage me a little better. they then move in a little more, and I open fire. And again, not a single person hit. So, I get hit in the arm, and yell that I'm out, and they keep shooting, and so I get hit in the arm about 3 or 4 more times, and right in the middle of my mask. And I just yelled at them that I was out, and was just about to keep shooting at them. And then, they got Chris, game over.
We switch roles, the other team has Chris. Mark and Anthony go through the telephone way, and I sneak into the woods a little, and find a nice little path to try and get them from behind. But Joe does the same thing, and spots me. I jump further into the woods, and start to creep up on them. I see them-right in front of me, and Chris starts moving up. Then Joe spots me and starts shooting, I do to, and pin him behind a tree. I again did not hit him at all. Then Nelson comes in, and I get hit in the arm, out once more, and Mike and Anthony got out as well. And that was a wrap for the day.

We go back to Chris's and play some Halo 2 for a bit. I then go home and take a shower, cause i'm all sweaty and covered in paint, and wow, was it hot today-80 in the shade. So I come down, and see a letter for me laying on the couch. And what does it say? It says that I've been invited to become a member of the National Honor Society!! That's right, I made it in!! Mad Awesome, total greatness, and it's great!! And that's what happened today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home